Home » » Throw-away Blogging

Throw-away Blogging

I've noticed that some blogs now no longer have pages, just one big page. For Internet connects that are not that great, it is almost impossible to go to the beginning of the blog. The whole page will never load.

There must be a number of unfounded assumptions that make this design desirable?
- Internet connections are perfect everywhere, all of the time.
- Those that are going to read the blog will discover it as soon as it is started.
- Once discovered, followers will read it, even when on holiday.

Or is it that those blogs made more than a few days ago should be quickly forgotten?

I think this is a sad comment on our seemingly instant gratification / throw-away lifestyle. Must we really have that iDo-Hicky the very day it goes on sale?

I might not be on the bleeding-edge of technology, but I find I get less paper cuts this way. Enjoy the fantasies...